Register before June 1st, 2021
The Eastman Leadership Conference begins Wednesday, June 16 and ends Saturday June 19
What is the Eastman Leadership Conference?
As leaders in today’s music schools we are charged with navigating a continually evolving professional musical world for our graduates and our institutions. We share the common goal of preparing students for a field that is shifting paradigms, business models, and essential skills. We must understand the opportunities and challenges that these changes present and engage faculty, staff, students, boards, and donors in the visionary evolution of our institutions in such a way that acknowledges tradition while embracing innovation.
This 3 1/2-day professional development opportunity provides intense study, interactive presentations, collaborative learning activities, discussion & reflection, and ongoing engagement with presenting faculty. Together, we will enhance our leadership effectiveness and develop new perspectives, skills and tools to effectively lead and manage our school, department, faculty and students.
Who Should Apply?
Current and aspiring deans, associate/assistant deans, department chairs, and select faculty/administrative staff members of music schools (maximum 30 participants).
What Will You Gain From Attending the ELC?
The focus of the conference is enhancing individual leadership effectiveness and the development of new perspectives, skills and tools. To accomplish this, specific learning objectives and goals are incorporated. After attending the conference, attendees will have practiced:
- Identifying and analyzing critical issues and challenges facing music schools
- Demonstrating an understanding of the essential operational components of higher education administration
- Developing successful strategies for implementing initiatives designed to meet these challenges
- Exploring and implementing best practices for effective leadership in music schools
- Understanding the leader’s role in fulfilling an institutional vision
- Developing skills for building, leading and engaging successful teams