Join your fellow music leaders for this immersive professional development opportunity! Register starting November 15th
Register before February 15th, 2020 to receive a $200 discount
Register before June 1st, 2020
The Eastman Leadership Conference begins Wednesday, June 17 and
ends Saturday June 20
Who Should Attend
Current and aspiring deans, associate/assistant deans, department chairs, and select faculty/administrative staff members of music schools.
As leaders in today’s music schools we are charged with navigating a continually evolving professional musical world for our graduates and our institutions. We share the common goal of preparing students for a field that is shifting paradigms, business models, and essential skills. We must understand the opportunities and challenges that these changes present and engage faculty, staff, students, boards, and donors in the visionary evolution of our institutions in such a way that acknowledges tradition while embracing innovation.
Through intense study, interactive presentations, collaborative learning activities, discussion, reflection, and ongoing engagement, we will enhance our leadership effectiveness and develop new perspectives, skills and tools to effectively lead and manage our school, department, faculty and students.
- Identify and analyze the most critical issues and challenges facing music schools now and in the future
- Develop successful strategies for implementing initiatives designed to meet these challenges
- Explore and implement best practices for effective leadership in music schools
- Understand the leader’s role in fulfilling an institutional vision
- Develop skills for building, leading and engaging successful teams
- Demonstrate an understanding of the essential operational components of higher education administration