June 24-27 2020
Join a highly selective, limited enrollment program for 25 young music professionals and students who seek to develop careers that will impact their communities and the musical arts.
All accepted students will receive a full scholarship that covers the Academy tuition. Students will only be responsible for room/board and individual travel to Rochester, NY.
Who is the Academy for?
This program is for upperclassmen, graduate students, and young music professionals in and recently completing collegiate music programs
What is the Eastman Leadership Academy (ELA)?
The Eastman Leadership Academy is a 3 1/2 day summer program at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY. Participants will engage with similarly passionate and dedicated musicians while focusing on topics such as innovation in the arts, application of entrepreneurial thinking and business skills, and crafting a personal mission. Students will collaborate with leading musicians, educators, and leaders in learning activities and workshops designed to be immersive, interactive, and participatory. Due to this being a hands-out experience, the application process is competitive as only 25 students will be selected.
- Identify and analyze the most critical issues and challenges facing musicians and musical arts organizations now and in the future
- Develop successful strategies for implementing initiatives designed to meet these challenges
- Develop career skills that complement musical skills
- Explore and implement best practices for effective leadership in music
- Understand the leader’s role in fulfilling the vision of a musical arts organization
- Develop skills for building, leading and engaging successful teams
- Demonstrate an understanding of the essential operational and business components of musical organizations
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate recognizing their participation in the program.
Who Should Apply?
The Eastman Leadership Academy accepts applications from upperclassman and graduate students enrolled in music degree programs and young professionals with a music background. Applications should demonstrate leadership experience and seek to develop careers that are impactful to their communities and the musical arts.
What’s the Tuition?
Thanks to the sponsorship of Yahama, all accepted students will receive a full scholarship that covers the ELA tuition. Students will only be responsible for room/board and individual travel to Rochester, NY.