On-Campus Jobs

The University posts student employment and Federal Work Study opportunities through JobLink. Access these postings by: 

  • Log into Blackboard using your NetID
  • Select the “Services” Tab at the top 
  • Click on the tab “Jobs & Internships” 
  • In the right-hand column under “Student Employment” will be a link to “JobLink” 
  • Use this tool to upload documents and search for jobs. 

To learn more about student employment processes, please view the Office of Student Employment.

Local Jobs


In addition to booking an appointment, this platform can help you find local entry-level internships and jobs.


Eastman Job & Opp. Board

We collect requests from local organizations that wish to hire musicians to teach, perform, or assist in administrative duties.


Eastman Gig Service

For those who would like to freelance in the area, please sign up for the Eastman Gig Service to see gigs in the area.


International Students

On-Campus Jobs

F-1 students with a valid status are authorized to work on-campus in any position, field, or department. In addition, Eastman has affiliations with local churches, schools, and arts organizations to allow F-1 workers. Connect with The Office of Academic Affairs to view a listing of current organizations.

CPT (Curriculum Practical Training)

Students with a valid F-1 can apply for an external internship utilizing CPT. To apply for CPT, students must be physically in the country for at least two semesters, be in good academic standing, and continue to make progress toward degree requirements. You are NOT eligible for CPT after graduating. Whether the position is paid or not, it’s required for you to complete the necessary steps. To understand the process, please connect with:

OPT (Optional Practical Training)

This is a one-year visa extension for post-graduation employment opportunities. You must receive OPT before you are allowed to work, which can take several months. Please note, while on OPT you can ONLY work jobs that fit within the major(s) you studied in school. So music major means you can only work jobs in music. For more information, visit ISO.

Music-Specific Job Boards


American Federation of Musicians (individual membership required)
International Musician (individual membership required)
NEC Bridge (access given to enrolled Eastman students)
Audition Cafe
Musical Chairs
Music Jobs – US Music Industry

Arts Administration & Leadership


Music Industry & Entertainment

Not finding what you are looking for? Make an appointment with a career advisor to discover additional resources.