Career guidance and assistance is available to all current Eastman students and alumni.
We are here to discuss your questions, help you explore and address your career goals, provide you with further resources, and assist you in strengthening application materials. No matter what stage you are in your career, we are here to help!
- Appointments: Made via the Handshake application, which requires creating a quick profile. Once logged in, click on “Career Center” in the upper right. Select the “Appointments” tab in the drop-down & follow the steps to “Schedule an Appointment.”
- Drop In Hours – Through-out the year, our Career Advisor will be hosting drop-in hours in Lowry Hall for students to ask quick questions or pick-up materials. For Fall 2019, drop-ins will be hosted on the following Friday’s from 3-4pm: October 11, October 25, November 1, November 15, and December 6.
Alumni appointments can be made in person or virtually. Since access to your student NetID and password stops after graduation, please request an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your graduation year and what you are interested in discussing. Please note that appointments times are limited and priority will be first given to current students.
Preparing for the Appointment:
- Identify your focus – What would you like to discuss or review? How can we provide support?
- Draft your materials and/or questions – Whether it’s updating an old version of a C.V. or drafting a rough cover letter, get the ball rolling. What questions do you have about this process?
- Send materials – Before you arrive to your appointment, please send the most recent draft of your materials as a Word document or PDF.
- Meet the advisor – Appointments are 30 minutes long. Need more time? Just sign up for more than one appointment! (Maximum 1 per day)
Where are we located?
Miller Center, 1st Floor
In the Institute for Music Leadership Office