COVID-19 UPDATES: Due to the pandemic, all career appointments will be held virtually via Zoom to accommodate student needs. Students can still make appointments through Handshake or by emailing Dr. Blaire Koerner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to be cognizant of the time zone when reserving a time slot! All drop-in hours for the rest of the semester have been cancelled.
Career guidance and assistance is available to all current Eastman students and alumni within five years of their graduation date. We are here to discuss your questions, help you explore and address your career goals, provide you with further resources, and assist you in strengthening application materials. No matter what stage you are in your career, we are here to help!
- Appointments: Made via the Handshake application, which requires you to use your NetID and password. Once logged in, click on “Career Center” in the upper right. Select the “Appointments” bubble in the next page, followed by “Schedule a New Appointment.”
- Drop In Hours – Through-out the year, our Career Advisor will be hosting drop-in hours in Lowry Hall for students to ask quick questions or pick-up materials.
Those who are within five years of their graduation date can make appointments with the Career Advisor. Since access to your student NetID and password stops after graduation, please request an appointment by emailing email@example.com. Make sure to include your graduation year and what you are interested in discussing.
Preparing for the Appointment:
- Identify your focus – What would you like to discuss or review? How can we provide support?
- Draft your materials and/or questions – Whether it’s updating an old version of a C.V. or drafting a rough cover letter, get the ball rolling. What questions do you have about this process?
- Send materials – Before you arrive to your appointment, please send the most recent draft of your materials as a Word document or PDF.
- Meet the advisor – Appointments are 30 minutes long. Need more time? Just sign up for more than one appointment! (Maximum 1 per day)
Where are we located?
Miller Center, 1st Floor
In the Institute for Music Leadership Office