Submissions – The editors of the INNOVATE. MUSIC. LEAD. Magazine encourage and welcome your submissions of original content for publication. Below are guidelines for submission:
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. You may submit a proposed topic, or a completed work. The I.M.L. magazine is published twice per year, in March and August.
- Submissions will be considered from all individuals studying or working in the music field. This includes undergraduate and graduate students, college and university faculty, and professionals.
- The editors are interested in a variety of content, both in terms of writing style and length: research papers (under 5,000 words preferred), how-to and practical experience articles (under 2,500 words preferred) informative short pieces (under 1,000 words) and book reviews (under 1,500 words preferred), graphics and illustrations are all welcome. The editors are also open to additional content ideas, so please contact us at email@example.com if you have another idea.
- Submissions should relate to the main themes of the magazine: innovation, leadership, and careers in music. These themes are broad and allow plenty of room for a variety of topics and perspectives. Research topics that would be appropriate include but are not limited to: a) new and innovative models of organizational structure, b) studies of ensembles / other musical organizations and their methods of organization, marketing, performance, etc., c) studies of orchestras, jazz ensembles, and smaller ensembles and their models for audience engagement, structure, personnel, management, etc. Appropriate topics for how-to and practical experience articles include career-building tips and advice, creativity, and profiles of innovative initiatives, projects, and musicians.
- For more information, and to submit your work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be sent as Microsoft word files. All citation methods are accepted. Submission of your work does not guarantee publication. Your work will be reviewed by the magazine editors, and you will be notified whether your work has been accepted for publication, accepted with changes requested, or not accepted for publication at that time.
Thank you for your interest in the INNOVATE. MUSIC. LEAD. Magazine, and we hope that you will consider submitting your original content or an idea for an original article. Thank you!