Eastman Leadership Conference: Preparing the Next Generation of Music School Leaders, June 21-24 | Rochester, New York
March 23, 2017 In: PRJC News
On June 21-14, 2017, the Eastman School of Music will host a unique conference geared towards current and aspiring deans, associate/assistant deans, department chairs, and select faculty/administrative staff members of music schools. Through intense study, interactive presentations, collaborative learning activities, discussion, reflection, and ongoing engagement, participants will enhance their leadership effectiveness and develop new perspectives, skills and tools to effectively lead and manage their school, department, faculty and students.
View the schedule and session topics here.
The conference will be led by:
- Jamal J. Rossi, Joan and Martin Messinger Dean, Eastman School of Music
- Toni-Marie Montgomery, Dean, Bienen School of Music, Northwestern University
- Robert Cutietta, Dean, Thornton School of Music, University of Southern California
Session topics include:
- How to Raise More Money Than the Business School: Targeted Steps to Accelerate Fundraising for Schools of Music
- Best Practices for Effective Leadership
- Identity, Brand, and Advocacy
- Recruitment and Enrollment: Identifying and Addressing Special Issues for Music Schools
- Essentials of Financial Management
- The Administration/Faculty Relationship
- Vision and Strategic Planning
View additional information and register here.