About this event:
This two-part workshop, led by Dan McIntosh, will present (1) the basic legal issues that you, as a musical performer, should know in order to protect your interests, (2) how to protect ownership of your musical compositions and avoid liability to others, and (3) how money gets made from different uses and media exploitation of your musical compositions. You will learn:
- 1. The fundamentals of contracting and how you can use contracts to your advantage as a performer and composer.
- 2. How to protect ownership of your musical compositions and contributions (including through copyright).
- 3. The different ways income is generated from musical compositions from public performances, recordings, streaming and other uses and media.
- 4. What you need to do to collect money generated from your performances and compositions.
- 5. What is copyright infringement and how can you both protect yourself and avoid claims.
- 6. What do agents, managers and lawyers do?