Matching Funds Criteria
The Institute for Music Leadership (IML) awards matching funds for Eastman faculty-initiated programming that meet the following criteria:
- Aligns with the IML mission
- Topic and presenter is balanced along with topics from other scheduled events (current, previous and future years) to assist in expanding our reach to a wide range of Eastman students
- Is feasible from a scheduling, logistical and financial standpoint
- Is co-sponsored by at least one other funding source for a matching amount
- Any honoraria, travel or lodging is in support of an outside guest
- Is initiated by Eastman faculty
In addition, events that meet the following guidelines also receive a higher priority:
- Events occur during faculty studio class or other faculty initiated activity, meeting, or class which can tie into an existing audience
- Faculty applying for funding for the first time
Application Deadlines and Matching Funds Amount
The IML schedules the majority of IML sponsored events and guest presentations for the upcoming academic year at our organizational meetings in the summer.
- Requests received by July 1 for the next academic year are more likely to receive support
- Requests for matching funds submitted during the academic year are also periodically reviewed
- Matching funds up to $500 are available until all funds are committed
See examples for previously awarded IML matching funds guest/presenter events. Please note that any honoraria, travel or lodging is intended for support of an outside guest, not to pay or reimburse Eastman faculty.
Incomplete and/or retroactive applications will not be considered
If you have questions about the application and review process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-274-1113.