University of Rochester and Eastman post student employment opportunities through your JobLink, which is viewable through your Blackboard account.. To access these postings do the following:
- Log into Blackboard to find student jobs
- Select the “Services” Tab at the top
- Click on the tab “Jobs & Internships”
- In the right-hand column under “Student Employment” will be a link to “JobLink”
- Use this tool to create a profile, upload documents, and search for jobs.
Eastman Student Positions
JobLink includes jobs in various departments and affiliated organizations. However, sometimes departments don’t always post open positions and rely more on word of mouth or drop-ins. If you are interested in a position at Eastman, feel free to inquire by visiting or emailing departments and offices. The most common positions at Eastman include:
- Ushers – The Eastman Concert Office employs a staff of approximately 80 ushers to work on stage in Kilbourn Hall and the Eastman Theatre.
- Residential Life Assistants – Some positions are available each year in the Eastman Student Living Center. Typically these jobs are filled in the Spring semester for the summer and the following academic year. You can also inquire in person at the Residential Life office in the Eastman Student Living Center.
- Music Librarians – The Sibley Music Library and the Ensemble Library are open throughout the school year and during the summer, with opportunities for employment during both sessions. This is valuable work experience for the inquisitive musician.
- Dining Services Staff – Jobs are available in the Eastman Student Living Center with Dining Services. In addition to Blackboard, you can also inquire in person at the Dining Services office in the SLC or call 585-274-1340.
Virtual Job Board
This virtual job board lists employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities that have been submitted by local employers particularly interested in hiring Eastman students and recent alumni. Positions are sorted into four categories: performance, teaching, administration, and other. This virtual board parallels the physical board that currently exists off the main hall in Eastman. Click here to view the board.
The Rochester community frequently looks to Eastman student musicians for local events and occasions. The Gig Service is a referral site to connect Eastman students with local performance opportunities, lessons, and commissioning clients. Sign up to receive notifications and to check the posting board.
Some students give music lessons through the various music schools. Examples of local organizations offering music lessons are:
Rochester Area Job Links
These links provide information on full and part time positions in the Rochester area.