Eastman / ArtistShare® Launchpad Project FAQ
Who may apply?
Current Eastman students who are enrolled full-time in an Eastman degree program, and Eastman alumni who are within five years of their graduation date, may apply.
How many Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project participants will be chosen?
We expect to choose five student and five alumni winners annually.
What does it mean for me to be selected an The Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project Participant?
Your project will be prominently featured on the Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad page and will receive the endorsement of the Eastman School of Music (update this link once ESM page is created).
What benefits will The Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project participant receive?
- Promotion and support of their creative projects through the network of Launchpad fans and through Eastman’s publications and website.
- When the project reaches its target, Launchpad will pay 1% of the total contributions collected back to your project because of your endorsement by Eastman.
What responsibilities will The Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project Participant have?
- Create and launch your project within the proposed timeline on the The Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project
- Acknowledge Eastman on all project publications (language provided)
- Provide an article/summary of your Eastman/ArtistShare® project at its conclusion for publication on the Eastman website or other Eastman publication
What is a “Project”?
- Any creative endeavor where there is a clear end result and a creative process that can be followed by fans. The qualities and indicators of success we look for in a project are:
- Musical excellence (all genres welcome)
- An inspired project concept/artistic mission
- Potential storylines for fan-engagement that could be drawn from the concept
- The style, effort and modes of fan interaction employed currently by the artist
- Please visit the Projects on the Launchpad website to explore current projects:
What are the steps in developing and launching a Project?
- Selected artists will receive a code to allow their project to be launched on the The Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project
- You will create and launch your project using the Launchpad Creator’s Starting Guide
- A dedicated Launchpad project manager will review your project and make recommendations prior to launch.
What resources are provided to me as part of my award as I develop my project?
- Placement on the The Eastman/ArtistShare® Launchpad Featured Project page
- Launchpad Creator’s Starting Guide and review by a dedicated Launchpad Project Manager
What other services may I purchase?
- Additional promotional, publicity, and consultation services through ArtistShare®
- Professional video and audio production services
- Recording services at student rates for onsite audio and video through Eastman
What is the project timeline?
- From 7 to 60 days
How do I apply?