ALP Forms and Publications
All forms and other printable documents are available in the pdf version where you can print out a copy of the form and complete it by hand. Some forms are also offered in Microsoft Word or Excel, that allows you to download the form and fill it in on your computer. Click on the icon for the pdf form or on alternate icons for fill-in forms.
It is highly recommended that when available, you use the Microsoft Word fill in forms. These forms will open in Microsoft Word and will allow you to type directly into the forms and save them.
- Academic Year Intern Application Instructions (PDF) – read me first!
- Apply Now – Go to Academic Year Intern Online Application
- Academic Year Intern Contract DOC fill in | PDF
- Summer Intern Application Instructions (PDF) – read me first!
- Apply Now – Go to Summer Intern Online Application
- Summer/ Intern Contract DOC fill in | PDF
- Sample e-mail/letter to prospective host (PDF)
Host Application for Intern DOC fill in | PDF
Job Description – Academic Year DOC fill in | PDF
Job Description – Summer DOC fill in | PDF
Host Supervisor First Period Evaluation PDF
Host Supervisor Final Period Evaluation PDF
Intern Host Terms of Employment PDF
Starting a new job with the University of Rochester and Completing an I-9
ALP academic year interns are hired and paid as student employees through the University of Rochester. There are a number of pre-requisite steps you must complete in order to be hired. If you have already worked as a student employee, it’s possible you have completed all of this already. But please take a moment to double check that ALL of these things have been done.
Completing the I-9 at Eastman
For the I-9 portion of your pre-requisite, please take the following steps in completing an I-9 for working as a student employee at Eastman.
- Go to the “I-9 Express” website here and complete the steps necessary to create an I-9 form online. You will need the following information when completing Section 1of this form:
- The University of Rochester/Eastman employer code is 11968
- The University of Rochester/Eastman employer location is 100000-Student Workers (this option should appear at the top of the list for you)
- Once you have submitted Section 1 online, you’ll be provided with a list of the acceptable documentation that you are required to provide to the Eastman Financial Aid Office. When you have the original versions of your required documentation, you should stop by the Eastman Financial Aid office Monday through Friday, 9-4 p.m. to complete the remaining steps for your I-9. All steps must be completed before you may enter hours and be paid.
Additional pre-requisites to be completed
For additional pre-requisites (missed meal period acknowledgement, Wage Theft Protection Act, and Student Confidentiality Training) please visit the Student Employment “Starting a New Job” web page and follow instructions there. These must also be complete before you will be able to enter hours worked.