ALP Certificate Program Students
WHAT IS THE ARTS LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE?
It’s a program designed to complement student’s primary areas of study, as well as their intended career paths. Students personalize their experience through course selection, internship choices, and connecting with professionals. It assists students in gaining knowledge of the music industry and the skills to become a leader in the field.
WHO IS THE CERTIFICATE FOR?
Any Eastman musician who wishes to be a leader and change-agent in the community and the world. Accepted students are curious about career opportunities, balance performance skills with transferrable skills, are advocates for the arts, and are adaptable in an ever-changing world.
WHAT DO YOU RECEIVE?
Certificate candidates receive:
- Two paid, for-credit internships in the U.S & around the world
- Access to special funding to support professional development (including 2 years after graduation)
- Pre-registration for Arts Leadership courses
- Personalized advising sessions and support during school and after graduation
- Specialized meetings with inspiring guest speakers and professionals
- A cohort of like-minded individuals that will offer support and guidance
- Alumni access to retreats, networking, and career resources
“Being an Arts Leadership Certificate student helped me develop the logistical skills I needed to make big ideas into actual projects developed between myself and my colleagues. I'm so grateful for the relationships I was able to foster with my fellow students, and for the mentorship of IML teachers and administrators.” – Audrey Snyder, cellist, ESM’15