Fall Advising and Deadlines for Spring Courses
Advising sessions available October 10 to 26, 2018 — Sign up here
Deadline Monday, October 29, 2018, 4 PM — Course Pre-registration forms for Spring 2019 courses are due
Spring Advising and Deadlines for Fall Courses
Advising sessions available in February and March — Sign up here
(Special times may be requested by emailing direct and suggesting a few times you’re available to meet)
Deadline Monday, March 25, 2019, 4PM — Course Pre-registration forms for Fall 2019 courses are due
Additional Resources to Review
General certificate information:
- ALP Pledge (PDF)
- ALP Certificate Requirements
- Special Information for Undergraduate Winds, Brass & Percussion students (PDF)
- ALP Policy for Graduate Courses
- Academic Year Internships
- Summer/ Post Graduate Internship Fellowship Information
- Special Opportunity Grant Information
- Resources to help you prepare your résumé and cover letter
About Advising Sessions
Advising sessions are for your benefit. Advising sessions are *required* in the Fall for newly admitted certificate students. Other than that, these sessions are optional, but strongly encouraged for all ALP students. The more we know about you, the better we can assist you with your individual needs.
- Discuss and pre-register for ALP courses — As an ALP certificate candidate, you have the benefit of being registered into ALP courses before any other Eastman School of Music student. Before our session, please review the curriculum and think about what courses you may be interested in taking next semester. Please remember that there are “core” courses you will be required to take. Should you wish not to sign up for courses in an advising session, just fill out the pre-registration form and return it to the ALP office by the deadline required. Questions on courses may be directed to Linda Altpeter, ALP Curriculum Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 582-274-1113.
- Talk about internships and special opportunity grant funding — review your Intern Statement of Intent and your 3 choices for academic year internships, talk about processes for applying for academic year and/or summer internships, discuss possibilities for special opportunity grant funding for this semester, this summer or next year.
- Review steps to take in developing professional materials — You are strongly encouraged to have a résumé or curriculum vita prepared prior to the end of the Fall semester. You will be using this to apply for an internship, audition, apply to grad school or for a job. The ESM Office of Careers and Professional Development has some resources that can help you in writing it. After you have looked at those resources and have your first draft, see information on setting up an advising session with the Careers office here. A professionally crafted résumé absolutely makes a difference.
- Discuss future plans post-Eastman, including post graduate internships
- Facilitate networking with other ALP or Eastman alumni